How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A simple meal

Day two of "What's in my refrigerator?"

There are quite a few carrots, so I decided to try a carrot/raisin salad. I don't think I've ever made one before, but I figured it couldn't be hard, and I had to make something quick and easy after work in order to get to my recorder lesson in time. Normally on recorder nights James makes a nice meal while I am at my class and we have a late dinner when I get back, but I was on my own yesterday. Anyway, I looked at several recipes for carrot/raisin salad online until I decided on which combination of ingredients I thought sounded good, and were already available to me. I came up with the following:

1 peeled and shredded carrot
1 handful of raisins
1 small piece of peeled and shredded ginger
1 dollop of mayonnaise
1 sprinkle of chopped walnuts

This was a very yummy side dish to my quesadilla, which I made with the last tortilla we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment