How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Applesauce Raisin Muffins : a belated Christmas post

 We didn't do much to celebrate Christmas this year. There were few gifts given or received, and decorations were sparse. I did, however, make a pumpkin pie to have for dessert (it was, after all, National Pumpkin Pie Day). It seemed like a good day for doing baking so I also made some muffins using a recipe from Granny's Muffin House. I selected this recipe because I already had everything I needed. These were simple enough otherwise. I sifted 2 c. flour, 1 T baking powder, 1/2 t salt, 3/4 t cinnamon, and 2/3 c sugar. Next I added an egg, 1/3 c melted butter, 3/4 c milk, and 1/2 c applesauce and mixed before folding in 1/2 c of raisins. I baked at 400 for 20 minutes.

This makes a dozen muffins and since there were only two of us I froze about half of them to enjoy later. It was when I took them out of the freezer that I remembered that I'd never written a blog post about them. 

Easy and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment