How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Friday, June 3, 2011

Guest Blogger for "Throw Me a Bone"

In honor of our Min Pin, Perry, turning two (that's 14 in dog years!) our almost-14 year old daughter (that's in people years!) prepared this recipe from Throw Me a Bone, a cookbook for dog lovers!




 For Perry's birthday, I made "pawcakes". As you may be able to tell from the name, they are pancakes for dogs. They consist of flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, buttermilk (or in this case, substituted with milk and yogurt), milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and eggshells. The egg shells are ground up very small, almost into a grain-like substance. This is full of calcium. They were very easy to make, much like normal pancakes. After I was done making them,  I fed a spoonful of strawberry jam to Perry, to see if she liked it. She did. So, I took a small bit of jam, and microwaved it for a minute to make a syrup. I poured it on top, the candles were lit, and the dog ate her birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment