How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fresh Tomato Sauce with Ricotta

I went looking for a recipe that called for ricotta, as I did not want what I had left over from the Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups to go to waste. I found a super quick and easy recipe that, as a bonus, used only ingredients I already had on hand!

The green tomatoes I brought in from my garden earlier this month are slowly ripening, so I had two fresh ripe tomatoes, plus about 10 "snack size" tomatoes from my CSA to use for the 1 1/2 c. of fresh tomatoes the recipe called for.

I began by mincing and sauteeing a clove of garlic in olive oil, then added the chopped tomatoes. This mixture simmered for about 10 minutes while the pasta cooked. During the final minutes of pasta cooking, I added basil, parsley, thyme, and oregano to the tomatoes and garlic, and finally, one cup of ricotta. The pasta was drained and then the sauce was mixed with it. We topped it with crushed red pepper flakes and shredded cheddar cheese. Quick, easy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment