How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Maple Pecan Pancakes

I was tempted by this recipe  a few weeks ago when I saw it in the New York Times. The combination of nuts, cranberries, and maple syrup was just too much for me to resist, so I made it for my family for our Sunday breakfast. I had never used almond flour before, but when I discovered that it was simply ground up almonds, I figured I could make it myself using the "mix" feature on our blender. And I was right. The almond flour was combined with the whole wheat flour, baking power, baking soda and salt. Then I mixed the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. The contents of the two bowls were mixed together, then chopped pecans and dried cranberries were added.

I used plain yogurt rather than buttermilk, which made the pancakes very thick, and so they took a bit longer than usual to cook. James usually uses equal parts yogurt and plain milk when a recipe calls buttermilk. I may try that next time. Nevertheless, everyone found these very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment