How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions

I found this simple dish on the New York Times Cooking Page. I had all the ingredients on hand (except I used chicken breasts instead of thighs, and I used whatever kind of mushrooms were in my 'fridge).

The recipe doesn't say to put olive oil in the skillet before the onions, but I did anyway. It just didn't seem right otherwise. 

This recipe has a lot of "waiting" time that was a bit unnerving. For instance, once I put the onions in the skillet it says to let them cook "mostly undisturbed", same with once the mushrooms were added, and the chicken.

Those who don't like to read the descriptions of the dishes on recipe sites, miss out on suggestions such as the one I took to add a some spinach near the end of the cooking. It made the dinner a bit prettier, and healthier, but only those who don't skip right to the recipe will get this reward.


No comments:

Post a Comment