How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Mint Muffins

I was browsing through the Granny's Muffin House cookbook for something special to bake for Easter and was surprised to find a recipe for Mint Muffins. It had never occurred to me to bake mint into muffins. We had some fresh mint leftover from a meal we made the week before so I decided to use some to make this treat. As with most muffin recipes this was was pretty simple.

First I sifted together:

 2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 c sugar

Next, I stirred in one egg, 1/3 c. melted butter, and 3/4 c. milk

In a separate bowl I mixed 1/4 c. vinegar with 1 c. chopped mint leaves and then added the mixture to the rest of the ingredients.

After the muffin tin was filled I baked at 400 for 20 minutes.

These are reminiscent of the butter mints that you sometimes find on your way out of restaurants.


No comments:

Post a Comment