How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Friday, April 25, 2014

No-Recipe Chicken Noodle Soup

We had chicken, and we had noodles, and no other ideas for dinner last night, so I decided to try my hand at a "stone soup" version of chicken noodle soup. I used some of the herbs and vegetables that James had bought for the pork chops he prepared on Tuesday, along with some other ingredients I found in the kitchen. I started with two boneless chicken breasts which I diced and cooked. Meanwhile I chopped some carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, and garlic; and boiled some fettuccine noodles. I drained the pasta, than used the same pan to cook the soup. I put the cooked chicken, some prepared chicken broth, and some water into the pan, then added the noodles back in, along with the diced vegetables, and some fresh herbs. I brought the soup to a gentle boil, then let it all cook for about 15 minutes. I removed the herbs and ladled into bowls. This was delicious. Some of the best soup I ever made, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment