How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

As an aging hippie I could hardly pass up a recipe for Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme Bread. I can't even believe I never noticed the recipe before! Although I will admit to rarely opening the Gold Medal New Bread Machine Recipes book (copyright 1999). The recipe called for 1 1/4 c. water; 2 T. Butter; 1 2/3 cup EACH white and wheat flour; 2 T. dry milk powder; 3 T. sugar; 1 1/2 t. salt; 1 t. EACH dried parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. and 1 3/4 t. yeast. I set the machine on "2" (Regular). As with last week's bread I  found myself with a beautifully perfectly round mound on the top of a nice brown bread. We enjoyed the herbal flavors on tuna salad sandwiches. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment