How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pasta with (not so) Fresh Tomato and Vegetable Sauce

This week's recipe comes from the 365 Ways to Cook Pasta Cookbook by Marie Simmons. It called for fresh diced tomato, but since we are not in tomato season, I used canned diced tomato instead. This was mixed with cooked penne pasta, and then other vegetables were added. I was glad to used up the less-than-one serving of broccoli that was in the freezer, the six carrot sticks that were in the refrigerator, and the two particially used red and yellow peppers. Oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper were also added, and then it was topped with grated parmesan cheese . It did look pretty. I am sad to report that my vegetarian daughter did not try this dish. She ate her pasta with butter and one piece of broccoli on the side. Even without the fresh tomatoes, this was good. I think it will be a great dish to try again in the summer when we can use farm-fresh veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment