How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I really did try a new recipe last week

Today I finally post about the recipe we prepared a week ago. We made the Pizza Rice Casserole last Thursday night, and the following day, when I would normally write my blog post, was spent at the Massachusetts Sustainable Communities Conference, and from there we drove to Connecticut for the night, in order to get to Maryland to visit family on Saturday. In Massachusetts the third Monday in April is a holiday - Patriot's Day (to celebrate the midnight ride of Paul Revere). We came home Monday night, and I realized yesterday that I had not actually posted about the dish. This recipe was good for using up the big jar leftover rice we had in the refrigerator. It was pretty simple to make. After browning some ground turkey, and then adding onion, tomato sauce, and some spices, I mixed it with some cottage cheese. Then I layered the rice on the bottom of a casserole dish and added the meat sauce on top. This was topped with shredded cheese and then baked at 325 for 25 minutes in the convection oven. It was a good dish for using things we had on hand, although I did have to buy the cottage cheese. It made for good leftovers, too. The recipe came from the More-with-Less Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment