How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A pasta recipe I won't be making again

Ricotta cheese and penne pasta were the reasons for choosing this recipe from the 365 Ways to Cook Pasta Cookbook - not because we are particularly enamored of these two ingredients, but because we already had some open ricotta that we did not want to go to waste and, likewise, we had some penne pasta in the cupboard. The other ingredients include fresh basil and fresh tomato (both hard to come by in New England at this time of year) as well as garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and "fruity olive oil" - I used lemon olive oil. I will admit that I would have preferred basil and tomato in season, and I didn't use lemon zest, but rather a lemon pepper seasoning to substitute, but I don't think these reasons were why we decided that it was a once-in-a-lifetime meal. James' assessment that it was too "ricotta forward" is more in line with our thoughts. The recipe is similar to Pasta Fresca which is made with mozzarella and is one of our favorites - eat this; not that.

No comments:

Post a Comment