How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Salmon in cream sauce with tomatoes

We do love our fresh scallops from Kyler's Catch Seafood. Usually James is in charge of cooking them, but I gave it a try last week with this lovely recipe from the New York Times Cooking page. James demonstrated to me how to remove the "foot" (a chewy muscle) from each scallop before cleaning.

I started by sauteeing the onion in butter in our indispensable cast-iron skillet, and then added the seasonings. Fresh chopped tomatoes procured from the Fairhaven Farmer's Market were added. These cooked for about 8-9 more minutes. Next I added some white wine and cooked for about 5 more minutes then added Worcestershire sauce and heavy cream. I continued to cook until it thickened. Scallops were added last and cooked for about 5 more minutes.

This fairly easy, although it did require a bit of stirring and watching. Scallops can be easily overdone and then become too chewy.


No comments:

Post a Comment