How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Scallion Egg Wrap



I saw this recipe in an article from the New York Times that listed what the newspaper's food editors prepared when they didn't feel like cooking. It looked simple and fun so we put it on our dinner list for this week. I started by chopping some scallions and chopped up some mushrooms I found in the refrigerator as well. I heated our small indispensable cast-iron skillet added a bit of butter and sautéd the veggies for just a few minutes and then added two beaten eggs to the pan. The eggs cooked quickly in a thin layer. Once they were cooked (but still just a bit runny) I placed a warm tortilla on top and heated just long enough for the tortilla to stick. Now comes the scary part: the recipe says to "flip onto a plate egg side up". I found this a bit daunting, but with careful use of a spatula and a bit of patience I managed to do this successfully for both the wraps I made. I folded the wraps into quarters as indicated. Since this looked a lot like a Mexican dish, and it was National Tortilla Day, we had tortillas on the side and served with sour cream and salsa. James added some Tabasco sauce to his as well and declared it delicious - and cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment