How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wine Popsicles

When we first started this blog we found this website that lists American Food Holidays for every day of the year. We discovered that James' birthday is Home Brew Day which is the main reason why we now own home brewing equipment (and actually use it too!). My birthday, however, is Grape Popsicle Day, and up until this year I just haven't been interested in celebrating my birthday with stupid grape popsicles. But then, sometime between my 53rd and 54th birthdays it dawned on me that wine was made from grapes, too. And so I googled "wine popsicles" and 10 recipes appeared before my very eyes. This year I was in Maryland celebrating my birthday with my extended family so my sister and I selected the Red Wine Fudgesicles to make together. We used the Zinfandel wine recommended, and then followed the simple steps to heat the wine, and add chocolate chips and milk. They tasted just like you would expect fudgesicles to taste, with just a hint of the wine flavor coming through as well



Blogger and her sister enjoying the fruits of their labor.
 

         


Lagniappe: My niece made me a Boston Cream Pie for my birthday cake!
See the recipe she used here.




Epilogue:
What started out as a steamy day (perfect for a frozen treat) in western Howard County Maryland turned ominous when the heavy rains began. The mood at the party quickly turned as we all watched the videos one of our favorite places - Main Street Ellicott City - flood for the second time in 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment