How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Shrimp, pasta, pesto

Over the summer I made, and froze, some pesto made with basil from my garden. I also had some shrimp in the freezer so after poking around on the allrecipes.com website I adapted a recipe I found there to make pesto shrimp with fettuccine. I put the frozen pesto into a saucepan and heated on low until it was liquid. I was going to add some milk to make it creamy, but when I open the refrigerator I found some sour cream and decided to experiment. I added a dollop of the sour cream in lieu of milk and continued to heat and stir. It looked a bit funky, but a taste test confirmed that I had made a good choice. I let it heat slowly while the pasta cooked, and added the thawed shrimp to the sauce as the pasta cooking was winding down. The fettuccine was divided onto two plates, then topped with the pesto/shrimp sauce. This had a good mild flavor, and was an easy prep for after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment