How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Friday, May 24, 2013

A delicious accident

Today we received three bottles of flavored olive oils from LOVE emporium in the mail. James had placed the order when he discovered an olive oil emergency which would have prevented me from having exactly what I wanted for my birthday dinner (stay tuned for that post early next week). I decided to use the lemon fused oil in place of  the vegetable oil and lemon juice in this recipe for honey mustard dressing.

I did a few other adaptations as well. First I cut the recipe by a three quarters as I can't imagine how long it would take for us to eat four cups of dressing. I also added a tablespoon of Honey Serrano vinegar from said Emporium. Once the honey, olive oil, vinegar, and Dijon mustard were ready I put them in a blender on high until well emulsified. We put this very smooth dressing on top of a chicken salad I picked up from the leftovers of a meeting that took place near my office. My, but it was zesty! Just about the best honey-mustard dressing I could imagine. Where did that pep come from? While cleaning  up the kitchen after dinner I discovered the answer. I had not, in fact, used the lemon flavored olive oil, but rather the Chipotle flavored such. Well, there is no going back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment