How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Whipped Butternut Squash

I made this recipe almost a week ago. As simple as it was, I just didn't take the time to write about it. We are down to just a few frozen veggies from last year's CSA - a bit of squash, and some mixed greens. I found the recipe for Whipped Butternut Squash on allrecipes.com and made two minor, but very tasty adjustments. The squash had already been cooked and frozen, so I started out by thawing it. When it was soft enough, I put it in the blender along with some butter, sour cream, and nutmeg. I set the blender for puree and when everything became a light, fluffy mixture, I removed it from the blender, placed it in a ceramic bowl and put it in the microwave to warm it up. It tasted like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment