How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Monday, September 12, 2011

Stuffed Tomatoes

There is nothing like tomato season. I am glad tomatoes are available year-round, but there is nothing like the fruit of the late summer - so full of flavor and texture it almost seems crimnal to add anything to them. Nevertheless, I couldn't resist this recipe from last Wednesday's Brockton Enterprise. I began by scooping out the middle from two large tomatoes, bought at the Bridgewater farmer's market, and setting them in a small baking dish. I cooked up some sausage I bought from Brown Boar farm; and added onion and garlic from our farm box, along with rosemary, oregano, toast and vegetable broth. When the mixture had cooked down, I stuffed the tomatoes with it, and cooked at 400 for 20 minutes. Then the tomatoes were topped with shredded mozarella and baked another few minutes to melt. These were colorful, juicy, and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment