How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Monday, January 27, 2014

Sweet Savory Chicken

Each week, we look forward to the Boston Globe magazine, which features two or three recipes on a common theme. On January 12, the theme was honey! We have not yet tried the muffins or honey-nut butter, but Pam set the issue aside (during my long travels in the tropics) so that we could try the chicken-tomato-honey dish on a cold New England evening.

We happened to have ALL of the ingredients in our fridge, pantry, or freezer, including tomatoes and garlic from our 2013 farm box share.

I followed this recipe pretty much as written, using about half the chicken called for. We had skinless, boneless breasts, so I added a bit more oil than called for. When I do this again, I will try to use bone-in chicken for even richer flavor, but it turned out quite scrumptious as it was. The only change I would recommend would be to omit the salt; it was not at all necessary.

This was a winner, and will probably be even better for lunches tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment