How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Good food

Post holidays and it is time for Pam to play "what's in my refrigerator?" the game where I see what I can prepare with what I already have on hand without going grocery shopping. First up: Chicken and potato stew adapted from this recipe. I started by chopping and sauteeing an onion in butter, then I added some black truffle flavored olive oil to the pan and put in a diced chicken breast. While the chicken browned I peeled and chopped a carrot, and three small potatoes, and added them to the pot as well. Next I put in four cups of chicken stock followed by some dried parsley, basil and a bay leaf. I added some green beans, kale and garlic scrape that I had frozen over the summer (all from our CSA farm box) and let everything simmer for about 20 minutes. I removed the bay leaf and enjoyed this perfectly flavorful stew along with a glass of homemade barolo wine. A delicious and comforting meal on a winter's eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment