How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cú Chulainn Pasta


Basil, garlic, and squash fresh from the garden!

Saturday was Lammas, a celebration of the late summer harvest. On Sunday and Monday I harvested garlic from my garden and then I got out my trusty Wicca Cookbook and found a recipe that in addition to the garlic used two other ingredients that I could get from my own backyard - yellow squash and basil. This also called for some other ingredients (some additional herbs, as well as carrots and zucchini) that I did not have, and so I simply did without. Nevertheless, this was a delicious, light meal for a summer's eve. I started by mincing and sautéing the garlic in lemon-infused olive oil and butter while I cooked the spaghetti. I sliced the squash very thin and added it to the skillet. Once the pasta was cooked I drained it and added it to the skillet as well, along with minced basil leaves. I let everything cook for a few minutes while I gently stirred. I served this directly onto plates, topped with parmesan cheese, and added a sprig of basil to garnish. Pleasing to the eye and the palate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment