How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Pan-Baked Lemon-Almond Tart

Gotta love a recipe with two hyphens in its name. This one showed up on my Facebook feed from the New York Times Cooking pages and I made it for dessert Saturday evening. It is simple to make, but since much of it is cooked on the stove top it has to be watched carefully, or burning on the bottom can be a potential issue. The recipe calls for ground almonds which I was able to take care of rather easily with my blender. The recipe also calls for four eggs, which gives it a custard-y look and flavor, albeit with a denser texture. I don't usually take seconds on dessert, but I did on Saturday!This was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment