How It All Started

Bob Phillips

The title of this blog was inspired by one of my Spanish professor's at Miami University of Ohio, Dr. Robert Phillips, who died in the e...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Banana Chocolate Milkshake


Because we have a vegetarian daughter, we have a variety of kid-friendly vegetarian cookbooks on our shelf. Mollie Katzen, the guru of vegetarian cooking, has written two such cookbooks, both of which we own. Pretend Soup is written for preschoolers and has some easy and fun recipes. I was looking for just such a recipe when I decided I wanted dessert last night. This yummy milkshake filled the bill. I adapted it just a bit to adjust for things I had on hand. I didn't use the ice the recipe called for, since my banana slices were already frozen, and I used Mexican Chocolate pieces from Taza Chocolate, rather than powdered hot chocolate mix. The bananas and the chocolate chunks were put into the blender along with a cup of milk, and blended until smooth. Refreshing and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment